By publishing data with the IATI Standard, organisations are committing to provide information that is accessible, useful and useable for a range of actors, particularly in partner countries.
To ensure this, organisations are expected to consider that their IATI data is:
- Timely - data is kept up-to-date and updated regularly
- Comprehensive - data represents a significant amount of activity
- Forward-looking - data can be used for indicative purposes
- Structured - data is valid in line with the Standard schema and rules
- Comparable - data can be linked across publishers through codelists and shared references
- Open - data is appropriately licensed and hosted
The Key Considerations section provides further guidance on each of these, and provides links to information, tools and materials, where appropriate.