Within the IATI organisation standard. the iati-organisation is the building block to describe organisations.
- iati-identifier is the unique reference for the organisation.
- name - a human-readable name of the organisation.
When using the IATI organisation standard to declare an iati-organisation, the following should be considered:
Every iati-organisation must use a globally unique organisation-identifier
The organisation-identifier should have no leading or trailing whitespace.
It is recommended that no forward slashes (/) or spaces should be contained within the organisation-identifier.
- It is recommended to avoid spaces and non-ascii characters. For example:
- AA-AAA-123456789 is preferable to AA-AAA 123456789.
A default language and @default-currency can be set for any iati-organisation. This can be overridden in subsequent elements.
The @last-updated-datetime date must change whenever the value of any field within the associated iati-organisation are updated.
The name can be repeated for different languages.
The free-text instance of name should avoid use of text in CAPITALS, where possible.
In version 2.01, the following must also be considered:
- The iati-identifier in the Organisation standard has been renamed to organisation-identifier
- A reporting-org identifier must start with a value published on the OrganisationRegistrationAgency codelist.
- Any freetext name for an organisation, must be included in the child narrative element, which can be repeated for different languages.
Please also consider and refer to the Organisation Identifiers guidance when constructing an appropriate identifier.