Within the IATI activity standard conditions that relate to an iati-activity can be described:
- conditions - a container element to declare whether condition are attached.
- condition - the specific statement around a condition.
When using the IATI activity standard to declare conditions, the following should be considered:
- An iati-activity does not require a conditions statement, if none are relevant.
- However, it is also valid to declare that no conditions are attached to a specific iati-activity via the attached attribute.
- For every condition a relevant ConditionType code is expected.
- When multiple condition exist, these can be presented separately within the same conditions element.
- The same condition can be presented in different languages via separate condition elements, using xml:lang.
- The free-text to describe the condition should avoid jargon